Monday, March 21, 2016

FINISH #6 - Ugly Feathers

I'm calling this my Ugly Feathers quilt.   It's ugly and it's got feathers!

 


I purchased two lengths of "modern" fabric a few years ago to put into my daughter's quilt.  It was a Many Trips Around the World, and the fabrics just didn't work for the quilt top.  I used them in the backing.




The leftovers of these two fabrics have been in my stash yelling at me to use them. They were into 2 1/2" strips and sewn together Jelly Roll Style.  They were not enough to make a decent size quilt.  I added some strips of a neutral green and finally got the thing layered.

I quilted a variety of feathers in each of the green strips and a repeat of 6 different designs in 2" strips.



I don't have the time or the inclination or the thumb strength to hand stitch the binding to the back of the quilt.  I machine stitch the binding to the back of the quilt.  I bring it to the front and machine stitch it in place.  All done very quickly.

Thanks to my model, Charles for the picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment