Monday, July 13, 2015

Craftsy Classes are great!

I received an email last week about new classes (or new to me).   I checked them out and then treated my self.

Sketch it, Fuse it, Quilt it


Hand Stitched Collage Quilts

So, here are some images of what I have stitched in the past week.

This little quilt I had started a while ago.  The flower was made with sharpie markers and rubbing alcohol.  Then I hand stitched using WonderFil's Eleganza and Dazzle thread.

This was a fun project to work on, although I was using the wrong fusible web.  I had to go shopping to get something that I could hand sew.  I'll save the heavy fusible for machine stitching and try the new lighter fusible for hand stitching later.

I machine stitched the border using WonderFil's 8wt cotton Eleganza in my bobbin and a 50wt cotton (Konfetti) in the needle.  I increased the needle tension just a bit and set a 3mm stitch length.  I still need to spritz and get rid of the previously unsuccessful needle holes.


The centre purple of the flower was created using a pebble pattern over a washaway stabilizer.  The stabilizer was rinsed away and I used french knots to anchor the centre.


This morning I prepped 4 of these Applique Fun Flowers (my own design) with fusible and got one completely stitched using WonderFil's Splendor thread.  I'll use different weight threads to stitch the other 3 quilts.  I love Laura's method of fusible binding.


 I stitched her "curly fries and bananas" quilting design in the sky and grass in the lower half.

No comments:

Post a Comment