Sunday, January 26, 2014

Woven Vine and Roses quilt - Part 2

Woven Vine & Roses

It officially done!   We slept under our new quilt last Sunday night.   We even treated ourselves to new sheets!!!!  We both had a great sleep and I am sure it was the quilt....not the super busy weekend we had.  I mentioned in the last post that the quilt was done.   I lied.  I still had the binding to hand sew.  I finished on Sunday afternoon, while I was curled up on the couch and watching a movie.

The back required over 9 meters of fabric, and of course I only had about 8 1/2 meters.  So we added leftover blocks to the back.  Special thanks to my Mum who cut and sewed the back together for me.  For some reason, I don't like the preparing the quilt backs.

I hauled the quilt off the bed on Monday night and took it down to church with us..  We grabbed a couple of volunteers from our Bible Study group to stand on chairs so I could get a picture of the whole thing.  The last measurement was 105" square.  I think this may be the largest quilt I have finished.

I have been asked for the pattern.  I'll post it as soon as I can figure out how to attach it to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment