Saturday, August 16, 2014

Susan's Quilts of Valour Quilts

I was honored to be asked to quilt 4 quilts for Susan.  She has recently moved and is working through her stash and completing quilts she started many, many years ago.  She will be passing these on to Quilts of Valour when they are bound.

The "Yellow Blocks" quilt.  I stitched continuous curves in all the blocks and surrounded them with a combination of curls and leaves in an all over design.



The border doesn't show very well as blends well with the fabric.  I stitched the leaf design I used in the background for the border.


This is a simple 4 patch block and half square triangles.
 I stitched swiggly lines in the print units only and loops in the print half square triangles.

I stitched 2 sizes of loops in the border to repeat the loops in the half square triangles.  You'll notice the chalk lines.  I started by marking the 4 patch and HST seams to as a guide to the placement of my small and large loops.  After a while, I didn't need the markings any more.

This 3rd quilt was 9 blocks using civil war fabrics.  I Stitched in the ditch on all straight lines around the blocks.  Both sides of the dark block borders and all sides of the 3 quilt borders. 

I quilted the blocks and sashing with an all over curl design.
 This sampler block quilt was a very simple all over design  I did a large meander and when I got to the end, realized it needed more.


I solved my problem by stitching a 2nd meander line and created a ribbon design.





No comments:

Post a Comment