Saturday, August 16, 2014

IN & OUT

We currently have a lovely young lady living in our lower level.  She is so very quiet that we never know if she is home or not.  We had a guy staying with us a few years ago and we could look out our front window to see if he was home...his truck would or wouldn't be outside.  Now, Miss. MJ doesn't want to bother us, so she'll just come in and run straight downstairs.

My concern (as a parent) is that I want to know when she is in the house.  I figure if she works till 9:30 at night, she should be home by midnight......I can't tell if she's home or not.  We have discussed this and she has said that she doesn't want to bother us.....

So...... I sat down this week and made a sign for her to use.  This will easily let us know that she is home or not, and it looks kind of like wall art at our front door.  We hang it on our key hook.


I grabbed some orange fabric and some blue/indigo and lightly drew the letters on the fabric.  I layered with a bit of batting and just stitched and stitched and stitched.  I used WonderFil Accent Rayon thread.  The thread is 12 weight, which give a lot of "oomph".  I kind of like this.  I found the stitching process very relaxing.  I may have to do more Word quilts....my grand daughter may like a name quilt to hang on her door......should I use Francesca or her nick name BUG?

Once the stitching was done, I trimmed both to the same size and placed the right sides facing.  I slipped some cording in to use as the hanger.  A bit of hand sewing between the cording and that closed the opening I had left for turning.    I decided not to top stitch as I didn't want to take away from the quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment