Friday, September 19, 2014

quilt retreat in Trail BC.

It's been a great week. I feel like I've accomplished a lot.  I have COMPLETELY FINISHED my Arabesque quilt.  I finished quilting it at home. Came to retreat and trimmed and bound it.

I completed my Winter Ice quilt top.  Had to sew 4 blocks, get them into the top and add the border.  The quilt measures 113 x 113 inches. ...that's 12 meters of faux piped binding already to go.   I've found that I need to make the binding when I make the top, otherwise I loose or use the fabric.

We went to the States on Wednesday and I bought some fabric for my HST sampler quilt.  Calling this Entwined Swoon.  The quilt top uses 2 sizes of Half Square Triangles which will be a great teaching sample for guild in two weeks.

Now to spend the rest of our last day working on some mini trips blocks.

1 comment: