Friday, June 6, 2014

Festival of Quilts at Heritage Park - Part 2

This part of the Festival of Quilts shows quilts made by others.  Most of the time I took pictures of the whole quilt and then a close up of the quilting.  I was too busy looking at quilts and pushing a baby in the stroller to take more pictures....sorry.
 
I like this sunflower quilt.  The close-up shows that the curves are created using the fold back method.  Very striking piecing and quilting.
 
I have always wanted to make a Hunter Star quilt.  I have seen two methods of instruction and one method uses half square triangles....I think that method is on my list of up-coming projects.  I took pictures of this quilt because the quilt had been quilted beautifully. 
 
I don't think I need to say anything about the quilting on this quilt, other that WONDERFUL!.


 I recently joined a long arm quilting group.  They had a group submission in the show.  They all stitched the same block pattern and their own choice of fabrics.  Each quilt was quilted to show case the quilters style.

 
 
I took pictures of this quilt because if was stitched on a Sit and Sew machine and is beautifully quilted!
 
 
I am not a fan of Civil War quilts.....fabrics.  My eye always, always goes to the brighter, clearer colors like you would see in batiks and hand dyed fabrics.  But I can admire and appreciate the workmanship and quilt patterns in Civil War quilts.  These quilts were made with 1/2 inch and 1 inch squares!!!!!!

 

And a final piece of eye candy.   A Rail Fence with flying geese!  Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment